If your company is storing customer information, then it’s a safe bet that some hacker will (eventually) try to steal it. What are the best practices for protecting customer information, as well as our own internal files and intellectual property? Using well known data breaches as examples, as well as demos of the best available development tools, we’ll examine how we can improve security at our own organizations.
This talk uses demos and real world examples to illustrate the following best practices for information security:
- Minimizing Data Collection.
- Best and worst ways to encrypt customer and internal data
- Deleting data (and avoiding complications)
- Identity access management
- Pen testing and bug bounty programs
- Hiring and empowering a CSO / Security Team